• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Configure voice prompt to play when call is answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Cage

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an outbound dialer configured to deliver a message via voice prompt when the call is answered.
My problem is the voice prompt will start to play before the call is answered.

How do I configure the voice prompt to start playing when the phone is answered, not when it starts to ring.
Does it have something to do with the DTMF settings?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Are you using the Call Flow Designer to implement your dialer? If so, once you perform the "MakeCall" the call is no longer in the CFD application. Alternatively, are you using the Call Control API? Please explain further how your dialer is implemented.

I use the CFD to create a Voice App which is then associated to the VT-CFD-PlayAnnouncement outbound Call Que that your product the 3CX RoboDialer created.
The 3CX RoboDialer initiates the call using Contacts from a SQL query, transfers the call to the Dialer App at the VT-CFD-PlayAnnouncement Que on the 3CX, where the CFD Voice App runs.

The CFD Voice App plays an announcement, then waits for user input, and either emails the results or appends them to a text file depending upon the scenario.

The CFD Voice App just starts playing the announcement before the phone is answered.

Why don't I just use the 3CX Robo Dialer from VOIP Toos instead of using the CFD?
Because I could never get it to work, other than the SQL Query to import #'s to dial.

Let's talk off-line about the VoIPTools dialer. We absolutely can get our dialer to work. Call me directly 801-642-4655. Ask for Matthew.

Hi @Luke Cage

When using the MakeCall component from a CFD dialer, or making the call via the 3CX Call Control API, you need to specity the 2 endpoints that will take part of the call. 3CX will call to the endpoint specified as Origin first, and once connected, it will call the endpoint specified as Destination. If you're setting the Origin to the internal extension of the CFD app, then as soon as the app receives the call, it will start playing the prompt, even before the other endpoint is connected.

What you need to do here is configure the Origin and Destination the other way around. That is, setting Origin = External Number taken from SQL database, and Destination = internal CFD app extension. This way the dialer will call the external party, and once connected it will immediately call the CFD app, which will always start with the other endpoint connected.

Kind regards.

The problem with calling the external party first is that sometimes the internal extension doesn't answer right away and the customer hears ringing until the internal extension answers (that includes digital receptionists, queues, etc). If you can live with that (I can't) then calling the external party first will work.

Ernesto,

What you are saying makes complete sense. Let me try that configuration and see the results.

Matthew, not trying to shine a negative light on your product, just frustration is all.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Too many hats if you know what I mean.
Ernesto, looked at your solution, but I am not utilizing the CFD's Make Call component to initiate the call. While editing the API sounds simple enough, I am not a programmer nor do I ever wish to be.

VOIPTools RoboDialer utilizes the 3CX API to initiate the calls, so I'll contact Matthew and see if we can't get this working.

Thanks for your support and input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.