• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

configure yealink t21 pe2 phones for shared parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie Arbs

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new to 3cx so im sorry if this is a repost but the only thing i saw similar didnt go into details.

The 3CX system I am working on is for a school. The principal and administrators have phones with integrated BLF and shared parking is working fine on those. Teachers have t21 phones and do not have the BLF buttons. They have 2 line buttons and from what i gathered in another post the template can be changed so those line buttons can be made into BLF for shared parking. So i kinda know what i need to do but really have no idea how to accomplish it and have not been finding much. any help is appreciated. Thank you for reading this :)

Hi Louie,

This can be achieved though custom templates or from web interface of the phone but this is not recommended by 3CX.
On this post you can find the steps https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/phone-templates.45225/ , also if you want to change those settings you can go through web interface of the phone. Please make sure that this phone dose not provisioning automatically because on provisioning process the previous settings will be lost.

Thank you I will look into that today. So on the teacher phones it sounds like ill need to visit the web ui of each phone and make the change there and then disable autoprovisioning so they keep the same configuration if i am understanding the high level steps correctly

Hi Louie,

If you choose to do the changes from the web interface of the phone then you need to disable the auto provision option (not recommended). Phones auto provision every 24 hours and every they do you will loose your manual config. If you create a custom template then the phones can auto provision as the changes will be reflected in the template. Disabling auto provisioning is not the optimal solution because you may need to provision the phones to apply future changes you may need.
It's your choice what of the two directions above is suited based on your requirements. (custom template or setup manually)

definitely sounds like updating the template is the way to go. do i need to do that per phone or can i just do it once and apply it to all users with that phone?

if i create a custom template and use that template to overwrite the default template for the t21 would that automatically update the changes for all users of that phone type?

You can use one template for all phones if all phones require the same changes of course. You will need to create custom template and reprovision the phones using that template. Overwriting the default template or changing the default template is not recommended in case something goes wrong.
I would recommend creating the custom template and following the steps provided in one of the previous replies.

that sounds like what ill do. im trying to find which provisioning file is being used. i cant seem to find this under phones or extensions. I tried to go to a phone ui but cant get signed it. the old default username and password is rejected. I try the phone extension ID and the password generated by 3CX but it gets rejected as well. Instructions in 3cx say to copy and paste the password over but dont mention what to use for the username. Admin and the extension are both rejected.

The password is taken from extension settings/ phone provisioning/ Phone Web Page Password . the username is the default.
You can create a custom template from the management console. Just navigate to settings/ templates. The file you want is the yealink.ph.xml

ok that is the password I am using. the extension ID i am trying to access is 201. I enter 201 as the username and the password listed and get denied. am I missing what the default user name is?

i found the config file you named and copied it out to create a custom template. Im seeing weird stuff in it like default timezone set to china instead of central time. is this stuff i need to change now or will it get updated later?

going through the config xml file i can honestly say i have no idea what i need to change in order to change the function of the line 1 and 2 buttons on the t21 to become shared parking 1 and 2. if anyone could give me a step by step that would be awesome

ok i figured out how to get into the phone UI. I was using the extension password and not the phone password from the phones tab.

any help with tweaking the custom xml template would be appreciated.

ok that is the password I am using. the extension ID i am trying to access is 201. I enter 201 as the username and the password listed and get denied. am I missing what the default user name is?
admin is default username of Yealink phones.

any help with tweaking the custom xml template would be appreciated.
Have you looked thru the template to see what seems right? Settings -> Templates
Select Yealink.ph.xml
see it shows T21 here?
Now down to line 2400 - this is where the line button is stored.
Type 10 = CALL PARK (If you are using SP1, SP2, etc)
Value = SP1 or SP2, etc.
Those should be the only 2 changes...
I would do key 2 and 3... keep line 1. you dont have to have it - but i keep atleast 1,

Last edited:
Reactions: Louie Arbs
thank you for your reply. I found the yealink configuration tool to be a big help yesterday. I used it to be able to visually set the buttons how i wanted and it outputted the xml code for me. great for beginners like me. you can find it here: http://www.yealink.com/Upload/CGT/Yealink Configuration Generator Tool.zip

after i set the buttons how i wanted i tested on a phone and it went well. I have since deployed all my t21s with the new template. I really appreciate everyone's help and for getting me off in the right direction.

Side note. This install also had an analog PA system to incorporate. Specifically a Valcom V-1109RTVA 9 zone paging system. If you have something like this in the future here is how i was able to incorporate it:
1. I used a patton 4114 fxo gateway. I only needed 1 of the 4 ports. I configured the device following the 3cx manual on adding a fxo gateway. Note double check the configuration. We had an issue Patton resolved where the device was assigned a 24 bit subnet mask instead of a 16 bit. Not sure if that was an error on my end or in the 3cx provisioning.
2. Create an outbound rule routing PA traffic to the Patton. For my system I used a 4 digit number (1500) for users to dial to reach the PA. In the outgoing rule I had to strip the 4 digits from being passed so we would receive the tone from the Valcom to select the zone to broadcast to (this was very frustrating to troubleshoot. when initially porting the Valcom over to the VoIP system i did not know to strip the digits so the 1500 was being passed and the PA would immediately broadcast to zone 1 when you dial the 1500 to reach the PA.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.