Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configuring 3CX with simple GSM modem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Thilak, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thilak

Can I have a trial with this software without having PRI lines? I have simple data card (A simple GSM modem) which is used to connect internet and also it supports for making calls through it. Is it possible to implement trail connection using that modem?
    What are the minimum requirements for establishing a trial connection (with single connection or multiple connections)?
    If yes, how can i configure it?
    Please anyone help me

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Probably not.

The speed would have to be close to high speed internet and you would require a VoIP provider (at least 64K). To be practical you would have an always on connection, if you were going to be running the PBX. There are no cost "testing" options available if you don't have a VoIP provider. Your computer would have to be able to share the local network with other devices (extensions) or you might as well simply run a VoIP phone on the computer.

There are GSM VoIP gateways available that allow calls to go out over whatever SIM you have plugged into the gateway, but they are not cheap, so not the route to go simply for testing.

If you don't have a high speed internet connection, then you would have to use a PSTN gateway (to connect to a phone line) such as the Linksys/Cisco SPA-3102

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.