• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Configuring a generic voip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pks-team

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

for a specific reason, I want to configure a Snom M700 without that it gets provisioned by the 3CX PBX.

The solution would be an Option to select "do not Provision" or to have a generic VoIP phone model that also does not Provision.

How can I acheive this?

Regards

Norbert

It all depends on the requirements of the particular device you wish to use.

Some SIP devices allow for manual configuration through a GUI. Go to the IP of the device, log in, step through the menus.

Other devices require that the device download a provisioning file, usually from a tftp server. There is nothing preventing you from "building" a customized file for the device to download, but, in most cases, especially from "scratch", that is easier said than done. The best scenario is that you can take an existing file, make the necessary changes, then save it with a new name, that the device recognizes as its file, to download.

I meanwhile got a littlebit further and found this: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/custom-phone-provisioning/

I created a custom template with this Content:

<?xml version=”1.0??>
<doc xmlns:tcx=”http://www.3cx.com”>
<header>
<type>phone-template</type>
<name></name>
<models>
<model>Snom M701</model>
</models>
</header>
<data>
<device>
<type>phone</type>
<deviceconfig filename=”cfg%%mac_address%%”>
<![CDATA[
user_name1$: %%extension_number%%
user_pname1$: %%extension_auth_id%%
user_pass1$: %%extension_auth_pw%%
user_host1$: %%pbx_ip%%
user_realname1$: %%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%
]]>
</deviceconfig>
</device>
</data>
</doc>

Problem currently: the PBX just does not "see" this file, which is in the correct Directory along with the other files.

Still trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.