Configuring BLF's

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Milton Schreiber, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milton Schreiber

What is the easiest way to allow end users to configure their own BLF's to use as DSS buttons?

2. Archie Frederic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember, there is no other way. you will have to manually configure all of your BLF keys at once since it is not possible to edit it.

3. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Milton Schreiber

End users can configure their own BLF's in 3cx client(not in free PBX edition) and in phones that support BLF keys.
    For example in 3CX Client you can go to settings>show BLF side pannel, right click an empty slot and click configure.
    You can find additional info on this here https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/busy-lamp-field-dss-keys/

Another way is to give your extensions access to the Management Console only to manage their own extension. With this way, end users can login to management console with their extension and web access password and configure their own BLFs.
    To give access to an extension in the management console, go to MC>Extensions>Edit Extension>Rights Tab and select the options
    "Allow access to 3CX Management Console" and "Manage own extension"

Milton Schreiber and us1 like this.
  4. us1

us1

1) When will this feature be available in the web client? It seems like the 3cx client and the web client both continue to be required.
    2) From my experience, even with the 3cx client, unless you have the PRO license, end users cannot edit their BLF keys. I have 7 standard installs and 1 pro installs. I can only edit BLFs on the 3cx client on the PRO install. This has been brought up in the forums previously and seems to fall on deaf ears. Perhaps we can get some traction on this issue?

5. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

As above, you can only edit BLF keys in the Pro version

6. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @us1 and @Saqqara

Yes, you are both correct as this is not possible in PBX and Standard Editions(Apologies for the omission)

As for the BLFs in the Web Client, you can post this as a feature request to the ideas section of our forum here https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ where it can be up-voted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

In cases where BLFs are used only for monitoring the presence of other extensions, you can favorite extensions in the web client so you can watch their status from the Favorites Tab. I know that this does not replace BLFs so i am only mentioning it in case that someone finds it useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.