• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Configuring Caller ID from PSTN and SIP Providers to 3CX v14

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkzeus

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is all pretty new to me so go easy on me. :)

I have 3CX v14 installed and receiving/sending call to a SIP provider and my BT PSTN business line.

What I need to get working is the Caller ID on incoming calls for both.

My SIP provider is Spitfire and my PSTN line is plugged in to one FXO port on my Sangoma Vega 50.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

First, confirm that you are subscribed to the service, perhaps check with a stand-alone caller ID box, at least on the PSTN line.

The Sangoma will have to be configured to work with the type of caller Id being sent, there could be a number of different types sent on a PSTN line in the UK (I'm assuming that is where you are located). BT uses the UK standard, but I have heard that a number of cable companies in the UK have used the Bellcore standard, at least, in the past. On a VoIP trunk, you don't have to worry about settings. If they are sending it, you should see it in the 3CX log, for an incoming call, if not on the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.