Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

configuring DID numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by koshy_vimal, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koshy_vimal

Hi all,

I have configured DID numbers from VoIPtalk to my 3CX phone system. I have 4 numbers and all 4 are associated with a single id. I have routed these numbers to specific internal extensions too. But when I try to make a call to all 4 numbers they all end up at a single extension.
    For example: I have 0201 number configured and 0202 and 0203 configured under 0201. But all calls go to the extension assigned to the 0201 number.
    What could be the problem.

2. worksighted

worksighted New Member

on your voiptalk main number set the 'Source Identification by DID' field to *.

Let me know how it goes.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. koshy_vimal

Hi Mike,

That did not help. Is there any configuration to be done on the inbound parameters?

Thanx,
    Vimal

4. koshy_vimal

Hi Mike..

Is it just * that i have to put in that field? If so thats what I did but with no result. What are the important configurations to be done in order to make this work. I can make sure that I havent missed anything.

Thanx
    Vimal

5. mbaltus

What I had noticed with my Patton was that the leading 0 in phone numbers was not passed in the appropriate SIP field. I believe having read that someone with a VOIP provider had a similar problem. Since the leading 0 is most likely mentioned in your DID, the recognition of the number fails and the calls are forwarded to the default extension.
    Can you check in the Server logs (or possibly using Wireshark) what the exact DID number is that is used?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Yes, you need to have that in that field (or at least a list of the DIDs). Also, on the DID tab on the VOIP provider you need to tell 3cx where to find the DID, To: User part is the most common.

Let me know.

Mike

7. koshy_vimal

Thanx guys,

The issue was that I had to configure the DIDs on my VoIP provider account in the website also... I made the necessary script changes and it was working fine..

Thanx
    Vimal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.