Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configuring Fax on a Vegastream

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by qaisdev, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qaisdev

Hi ,
    Strangely when ever i try to fax i receive the notification with no pdf. Also i am not able to receive any fax tone.
    I have :
    1)3cx V7
    2)Vega 400

To test my Vega 400 gateway i used a linksys 3120 plugged into one Fax machine. It works fine( Just to test t.38)

I think i am missing somthing somewhere.

Thx for the help ...

Qais

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Before looking at fax, can you confirm that inbound can outbound calls and call audio are fine? If so then check the SDP Configuration of the Vega to ensure you allow T38 as a single codec in media parameters. This essentially to allow the Vega to accept a re-invite from PBX in t38 and accept it without throwing back any other codec.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. qaisdev

Hi William,
    First all calls are working fine without any problem. Also i check my Vega and it was using mixed codec profile which i changed to single one as per your instructions. Before using single codec it was atleast sending me empty email but now it is not sending anything at all.
    Quite strange. Well i have opened a ticket on our support and all the vega config with logging file is there.
    I hope you will find it there and will have a look.

Regards
    Qais

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.