Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configuring More Than One Incoming Number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CloudBand, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudBand

All,

I have got 3CX up and running - receiving incoming calls, making calls, voicemail. All so far so good.

However, I have a further problem which I am struggling to solve. So:

I have several 'phone numbers allocated to me from my VoIP provider. I have got the one (an 0845 number) working great. I want to add a second number so that people can dial either the 0845 or the 0203 number.

Here is what I did. On the main toolbar in System Management Console I clicked 'Create DID'. This asked me to enter the DID/DDI Name (I put in the full 0203 number) and a DID/DDI number/mask (again, I put in the full 0203 number as in 02031234567). This seemed to automatically create a new Inbound Rule.

The only thing is, whenever anyone calls this number they get a "the service cannot be connected" message.

I have checked the log, and there is some activity for the call. The log seems to say Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification.

What do you think I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    CB

2. Erling Computer

Check with your provider to make sure that the second number doesn't require an additional Authentication ID and password. They usually do. Once you get the second line registered, you should be able to create an inbound rule for it (DID), to route the call where you want it to go.

3. CloudBand

Okay ... I have done that. They are saying that it definitly does NOT need another authentication ID and password.

Any more help out there?

Thanks,
    CB

4. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. StaffKB

HI there,

Another good document to look at is > http://wiki.3cx.com/documentation/voip-providers/configuring-did-with-a-voip-provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. CloudBand

Many thanks for the input. Matthew's article was no help, I am afraid ... there is no 'Lines -> Manage' that I could find in the management console. However, thanks for confirming that it was to do with inbound identification, rather than the DID number itself. A significant distinction!

Kyle's article - while not exact - gave me what to look for: on my version the information shown in the article as being on the DID tab was actually on a different one, Source ID.

In case someone else has the same configuration as me this is what worked on my system:

- Go to the management console
    - Add the DID in the normal way (I clicked the Create DID button on the toolbar). This created the inbound rule
    - In the tree on the left hand side click the VoIP Provider (not the port underneath it or, indeed, the new DID number underneath that)
    - Click on the SourceID tab
    - The bottom section has a checkbox Source Identification by DID. Mine was unchecked. Check it!
    - Click the Add DID button. All the DID's you have added to your system will be presented. Click the relevant ones, or click Select All.

This absolutely fixed the problem for me. Many thanks for everyone's input. One more issue down, only another few to go ... time for a new post.

CB

7. avx

avx

Thank you so much for posting the solution you came up with... I was struggling with this off and on as I learn 3CX... a quick look at the forums and my problem is solved. Thanks again!

Dave

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

"DID as source identification" is only a kind of workaround...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.