configuring patton 4112 gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

When I click to add pstn gateway and specify a patton 4112, some strange things happen and it doesn't work.

First, the gateway details the template brings up has the number of ports at 0 rather than 2.

Than it allows me to create and upload a config file to my patton (which I can do successfully) but when I am done I never have a chance to configure ports or outbound rules and the gateway doesn't show up in 3cx's list of VOIP/PSTN Gateways. I see from experimentation with the generic gateway template how it should work but it doesn't when I use patton 4112. What am I doing wrong?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. asinshesq

Here's the answer: https://www.3cx.com/forums/post156641.html?hilit=patton%204112#p156641

Even though the patton template reports it is up to date, you need to update it for things to work right.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A gateway should not be seizing the phone lines unless there is an outgoing call. Be sure that your particular model does not include FXS ports. There do appear to be different configurations of that model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.