Configuring phones to ring on incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stobby256, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stobby256

Hi All..
    3CX on WIN2012 and 8 extensions working fine.Hours of frustrating fun with a grandstream 4104... Not connected to a PSTN line yet so more to do and post later (Spent ages trying to get it to register... still no joy...)

So, My problem. There are two PSTN incoming lines, and I take it that when either of them rings, I can only get one PSTN line to ring one extension? In an office of 8, it would be nice if any of us could pick it up!

Any ideas??? :roll:

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

You can make use of Ring Groups and/or Call Queues. For both you need a licence or Demo key.

Route your incoming call to the RG or Queue, add your extensions to the RG or Queue.
    When a call comes in, all phones will be ringing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stobby256

"License" - I only have the free version....

Could I pay an extra, just for the groups? £300 seems quite a bit for extra features I may not use...

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Purchasing the license will be the only way for you to be able to use the ring group feature which is pretty significant. As far as the Grandstream I'd return it for a Patton,immediately the higher price is worth the service and support you will receive from Patton. Grandstream support is non existent, and because of that we only use their phones as.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Use the demo key to "try out" the features, then. You will be nerfed to two concurrent calls while on the demo key.

6. stobby256

Thanks guys.

After much discussion I've ordered the standard version !!!!

Dare say more posts will follow about the Grandstream.... Although I hear what you are saying about the Patton...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.