Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

configuring Polycom 335 Message key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bogdan, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bogdan

Hi,
    The polycom user guide says to add key.IP_330.10.function.prim = "Messages" to <key/> in the sip.cfg file.
    Going on the assumption that the template polycom.ph.xml is what the polycom-MAC.cfg files get generated out of, that is where I added
    <key
    key.IP_330.10.function.prim = "Messages"
    />

That part gets added to the polycom-MAC.cfg file after I reprovision the phone but it doesnt work and I cant seem to find anyone that has configured it successfully through 3CX.

Help please.

2. Bogdan

no one has configured their Polycoms for the Messages key?

3. tim.medley

I realize this is an old thread, but since I didnt see a resolution posted I wanted to reply with some notes from my wasted day with this.

I am using version 3.3.1 of the polycom SIP code and this worked for me after I found the correct syntax and button mappings.

The updated variable as of v3.3.0 is:

Code:
    key.x.y.function.prim="Messages"
    X = the phone model and Y = the button key index number

In the SPIP SSIP Admin Guide for 3.3.0 the model numbers are listed in a chart on page A-64, for the 335 you would use SPIP335. The button key indexes can be found in the same admin guide starting on page C-11 and for the 335, the Line 2 button is key 10.

this gives us:

Code:
    <key
    key.SPIP335.10.function.prim="Messages"
    />

To add this to a Phone Template, here is what I did:

1) Open the 3CX management web page for your 3CX and log in
    2) Navigate to Settings> Provisioning Templates
    3) Under Template Name, select Polycom SPIP335 (3.3.x)
    4) Add the code above. I am not 100% certain if it matters where in the template you add the variable, I added it between the <feature> and <msg mwi> sections.
    5) Click OK and then overwrite the existing files.
    6) Reprovision your phones

As I mentioned, this worked for me. I've done this on a few customer 3CX installs of late as a lot of customers seem to like the lower cost Soundpoint IP 335's but want a messages button.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.