configuring Polycom 335 Message key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bogdan, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bogdan

Hi,
    The polycom user guide says to add key.IP_330.10.function.prim = "Messages" to <key/> in the sip.cfg file.
    Going on the assumption that the template polycom.ph.xml is what the polycom-MAC.cfg files get generated out of, that is where I added
    <key
    key.IP_330.10.function.prim = "Messages"
    />

That part gets added to the polycom-MAC.cfg file after I reprovision the phone but it doesnt work and I cant seem to find anyone that has configured it successfully through 3CX.

Help please.

2. Bogdan

no one has configured their Polycoms for the Messages key?

3. tim.medley

I realize this is an old thread, but since I didnt see a resolution posted I wanted to reply with some notes from my wasted day with this.

I am using version 3.3.1 of the polycom SIP code and this worked for me after I found the correct syntax and button mappings.

The updated variable as of v3.3.0 is:

Code:
    key.x.y.function.prim="Messages"
    X = the phone model and Y = the button key index number

In the SPIP SSIP Admin Guide for 3.3.0 the model numbers are listed in a chart on page A-64, for the 335 you would use SPIP335. The button key indexes can be found in the same admin guide starting on page C-11 and for the 335, the Line 2 button is key 10.

this gives us:

Code:
    <key
    key.SPIP335.10.function.prim="Messages"
    />

To add this to a Phone Template, here is what I did:

1) Open the 3CX management web page for your 3CX and log in
    2) Navigate to Settings> Provisioning Templates
    3) Under Template Name, select Polycom SPIP335 (3.3.x)
    4) Add the code above. I am not 100% certain if it matters where in the template you add the variable, I added it between the <feature> and <msg mwi> sections.
    5) Click OK and then overwrite the existing files.
    6) Reprovision your phones

As I mentioned, this worked for me. I've done this on a few customer 3CX installs of late as a lot of customers seem to like the lower cost Soundpoint IP 335's but want a messages button.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.