• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Configuring SPA3000 or GXW-4108 for Call Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag9813

Reaction score
I am terribly new at this VOIP PBX thing, and I have checked the blog for similar issues w/o success. SO . . .Does anyone know I might configure a Linksys SPA3000 or Grandstream 4108 in order to generate a flash hook signal to the local PSTN carrier so I can activate that provider's call transfer and/or conference calling features? I have the 3CX PBX configured with both of these gateways, and all seems to be working well, but I can no longer access these features offered by the local carrier. When I try the transfer button on my voip phone, I receive the message that the destination is unknown, not registered, etc. When I check the server log, it looks like the PBX is attempting to obtain another line on the gateways rather than transmitting a flash hook signal. If I hit the flash hook on the phone, I disconnect the original caller. Pointers GREATLY appreciated!!!

I think that the set attached to the FXS may be able to do a flash out on the FXO port but I'm not sure if a flash done from an extension will be passed through 3Cx to the 3000 without being intercepted. You are passing on a SIP message when you do a flash, that you hope will get passed to the 3000. Since this is not something that is usually done from a PBX extension to an outside trunk it may just not be possible. There are a number of options on both the FXS and FXO portion. You may want to start by using Wireshark to see what messages are passed between the ATA and 3CX and from 3CX to the gateway, change some of the options and see if it makes a difference. You might have some luck, but then again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.