Configuring spa3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rsng, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsng

Hi,

I setup 3cx on a winxp machine and setup a linksys 3102 voip gateway following the gateway configuration guide. I added a outbound calling rule to route calls to extension 10000 (programmed for 3102). Inbound calls are working. However outbound calling gives not available. Can someone please post what settings on 3102 worked for them.

Greatly appreciate.

thanks.

2. rsng

I followed the guide, but couldn't receive or make pstn calls.

Then followed the http://www.3cx.com/forums/outbound-call-using-pstn-7771.html?highlight=3102 guide. Now outgoing calls are working, however incoming dont work. :cry:

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Use these settings for now. They should work.

Dial Plan : (S0<:XXXXXXXXX>) (not 10000 or 10070)

VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Setup
    Line 1 VoIP Caller DP: none
    VoIP Caller Default DP: none

PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup
    PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: No
    PSTN CID For VoIP CID: Yes

FXO Timer Values (sec)
    VoIP Answer Delay: 0
    PSTN Answer Delay: 2

Disconnect Tone: 425@-30,425@-30;2(.2/.2/1+2)

International Control
    FXO Port Impedence: 600
    SPA To PSTN Gain: 0
    PSTN To SPA Gain: 0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. xu1688

I am having the same inboud calling issue. After following your instruction the inbound calls are working fine but caller ID only show 10000 on 3CX soft phone.

If I change "PSTN Answer Delay" from 2 to 3 or up, the inbound call will not work. The only problem is the caller ID is not showing at "PSTN Answer Delay" set to 2.

After more test, I have found that If I am calling from landline the inbound call always working and showing correct coller ID even "PSTN Answer Delay" set to 6. But if I am calling from cell phone (T-Mobile) and I have to set the "PSTN Answer Delay" to 2 which Caller Id is not working.

Please help.

Thanks,

Derrick

5. ess

ess New Member

Derrick,

The problem you are having is a problem with the way the SPA3102 communicates with 3cx. When you increase the Answer Delay, you allow for Caller ID to pass through. The call is actually noticed by the SPA3102 (check the status as you're calling). However, as it sends the caller id to 3cx, it sends some illegal characters. While 3cx used to still handle these characters, it does not anymore in these latest versions. So, the call is not recognized because of the illegal characters in the SIP header. For more information, look at this post:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/problem-with-spa3102-passing-invalid-caller-id-names-8379.html

For now, the only solution is just to keep that ring delay down so the Caller ID is not being passed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. xu1688

Do you have preferred VoIP Gateway which have all features are supported by 3CX?

Thanks,

Derrick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.