Configuring the Linksys Sipura 3000 with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Watashi_FR, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Watashi_FR

OK, I got the FXO working in no time, but the problem is with the FXS. I am assuming I add it as a PSTN line in 3CX, so I configured that with the proper settings for the Sipura, but the line does not register. In the log I am seeing registration retries, but they are resolved to SIP:user@my_external_ip, even though the Sipura is on my internal network. Something seems wrong here... Anyone help me out? I'll post full working config as soon as I have this figured out.

2. Watashi_FR

Update: after puzzling some more (good grief, the sipura has a ZILLION options...) I've managed to get something working. The sipura has two VoIP circuits and a PSTN circuit. I can get the two VoIP circuits to register as extensions, one behaves like a normal FXO, the other is somewhat different: if I call that extension, I get a dialtone and can call out using the PSTN line (sipura refers to this as hop-on VoIP2PSTN with two-pass calling). The sipura supports hop-on with one-pass, but this is impossible to configure in 3CX since it would require a dial plan on an extension-to-extension. Still no luck in registering the sipura as a PSTN gateway, I don't yet understand the correlation between the 3CX gateway account settings and the settings on the sipura.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Linksys Sipura 3000

We have made this article how to configure it with 3Cx:

http://www.3cx.com/support/sipura.html

4. Watashi_FR

Now WHY didn't I find that link :oops: ;)

5. Watashi_FR

OK, the installation guide makes sense, I now understand the correlation between the sipura settings and the 3CX settings. However, the PSTN line never registers in 3CX and the server log is not indicating any attempt to contact the sipura. A netstat shows no connection attempt at the sipura's address.

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We only posted it recently :)

OK try with the new build which we just posted. The instructions were tested against this latest build....