Confused by this error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by viraltechnology, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viraltechnology

we host a clients 3cx 15.5 install on debian in the "cloud" A.K.A Other peoples servers :)

We have a sbc running on a server. The Server does run ad,dnsand file services as well. It looks like the sbc is working. we can make calls. we are having some small problems but I think thats due more to network. In the error logs on the sbc I see a lot of these. They are marked as an error. but after looking over fourms and threads it seems like it could be a very general error. can anyone give me a general what this error could be. We dont drop calls - they are able to make and receive calls.

ERR | 20171206-115046.973 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 2772 | Bridge.cpp:718 | Has no registered RTP session for local destination 192.168.16.123:5770

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You are running a SBC on the same server as 3CX or what, I couldn't understand your configuration?
    SBC is meant to be run in remote network and remote phones to register to PBX through tunnel between the SBC and the 3CX PBX.
    The PBX server is not recommended to run other services than 3CX, like DNS, file server and AD for proper operation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 sip.bg, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  3. viraltechnology

yes, sbc is local and 3cx is on a hosted vps server so different networks. the 3cx server is not running on the server. the sbc is, we will get a raspberry PI and give that a try but I was more curious about that error meant. If it was just a really general error...etc...etc.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

viraltechnology likes this.
  5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Are remote phones working normally or experience issues with voice, i.e. no RTP session as indicated by error message you have. Which is this address: 192.168.16.123:5770, of the SBC itself ? Is the software of the SBC the latest one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    viraltechnology likes this.
  6. viraltechnology

The Phones seem to work well except everyonce in a while they are having issues with the voice fading out comes back in but never drops. that address is a HTEK UC 923. We receive quite of few of these errors and thats why i was trying to get an idea of some possible ideas of what this is. 3cx support wants us to do a wireshark to figure out the fading issues catching it when it is happening is the trouble though. yes I just upgraded the SBC to the latest version last night. SBC 15.5.5932.2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.