confused... setup... routing... router

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by seanc, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanc

hello, confused..

i have windows 2013 server with 2 NIC

My local engineers tell me i dont need a router
    My Telco company tell me i do need a router

my LAN is on 192.168.10.x
    my SIP provider tells me to set the card to 10.249.x.x <-- when i do this the SIP works but the LAN doesnt.

can i add a routing table to windows server? i dont think my adsl router allows this (why not? its the one the SIP Telco gave me!)

im going round and round in circles :(

Server 2013
    2 x NIC (one set to 192.x.x.x / one set to 10.249.134.66 as requested by SIP)
    3CX

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, rarely are two installations the same. If you do some searches though the forum you will find posts such as this, one of which may help. http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-configure-3cx-with-2-nics-11457.html
    u
    Using two NICS may cause issues, and you may be better off to just go for the one, unless you are prepared to go through some frustration.

as far as using a router...in most cases it makes the installation a lot easier unless your server is directly connected to a public IP.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Using second (and more) LAN cards is possible. You should have static IP address on second card, without default gateway. You must add static route in Windows to access your provider. Also you need to specify IP address to use for this provider (i.e. to have proper SDP). The address of provider should lay inside private LAN address range, as configured in Settings | Advanced | Custom parameters in 3CX settings menu.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sopock

Sopock Member

Hi!
    I wonder how that will prevent using "wrong" DNS from first NIC?

[​IMG]It would be easier if we can select VoIP NIC and optional management NIC :?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.