Confusing Setup Wizard ** [3CX BUG]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ncrollo, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncrollo

I have my own FQDN I'd like to use. I selected I have my own FQDN during the wizard and it made me enter a crt and key but would not validate them. I had to cancel the wizard and chose a 3cx FQDN. The A record created the certificates and registered successfully.

I'm not sure if this is a new limitation or something that has to be changed after the setup but this step was a bit confusing

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Confusing Setup Wizard

Did you enter the information as in the following screenshot?
    [​IMG]

Where are you getting the error? Could you provide a screenshot?

Attached Files:

3. ncrollo

I don't think this was the error I got previously but when I ran through the wizard this is what happened.

I tried this with two different domains and two different Self Signed Certs

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you are getting the "Sending request to ERP to create FQDN..." message, it means that you chose to have 3CX Domain.

Please provide a screenshot like I did with exactly what you entered and if you want blank out anything you don't want to show (or send it to me in a PM).

5. ncrollo

After discussion yesterday, I was trying to use a subdomain of 3cx.example.com. The subdomain 3cx causes a conflict

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

To expand on this, currently what happens is that when you enter your own FQDN, based on it the installer also tries to create a 3CX WebMeeting URL which is also going to be *.3cx.net.

So for example, currently if you enter FQDN "nickd.mydomain.com", the installer will try to create "nickd.3cx.net" for WebMeeting.
    This means that if someone else enters as their FQDN "nickd.myotherdomain.com", the installer will try to again create "nickd.3cx.net" which though has already been used and will through error "FQDN already in use".

I have underlined and made bold the word "currently" because this logic is most likely going to change because as it is now there is a lot overlapping.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We are fixing this in the next update.
    For those guys that cannot proceed, send me a PM and I will send you a build that basically resolves this problem.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.