Confusion between two ring groups.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ccomley, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccomley

I have a setup where an incoming call is routed to Ring Group 800 for twenty seconds. If it isn't picked up, it then goes to Ring Group 801.

Ring group 800 contains phones 300 and 301.

RIng group 801 contiains phones 300, 301, 302, 303, 304...

i.e. we want an incoming call to ring on the two office phones first, but then ring all phones (including the first two) if no-one picked it up.

What happens is 300 and 301 STOP ringing when the first group times out - and never re-start.

It seems to me from the log that the "tear down" process for the first call takes so long to complete that the phones are "not ready" when the second call setup goes out. Perhaps 3CX is trying to minimise the gap between the first and second ring groups by getting started on the call setups to RG 801 early.

Is there any way we can configure in a pause, or set it to re-try any extn in the group that didn't come up in the first place?

I did think of setting up an AutoAttendant with a silent message and a 1 sec wait time which THEN routes the call by default to 802 so it'd go

RG800 (20 secs)
    AutoAt (1-2 secs including playing the "silent" message then the time-out)
    RG801 (etc...)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That was going to be my suggestion. Did you try it?

3. countrycomp

Are 300 and 301 set to receive multiple calls?

4. AlexDBarrett

I assume Rg 800 is a Ring All.

If Rg 800 is set to Prioritise Hunt does the first extension in the PH group ring after it has moved onto Rg 801?

If so can you set a dummy extension to provide the result?

Or

Set 800 to go to a new 801 with a dummy extension which provides the required pause before moving onto your required Rg 802?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

What you want to achieve here can be described as Ring Group Stages. This is a feature that I (and our customers) would really appreciate.

For 3CX staff - here is how other systems have solved it http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Hunt_Group_Stages (so you don't have to re-invent the wheel ;) .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. netswork

netswork Active Member

I have found some issues with ring groups setup like this and polycom phones. I have one customer with 650's and side cars that are in multiple ring all groups. When the call rolls to the second group (the 650 is in both groups) you get a strange stutter ring on the polycom and at times the polycom phone locks up, the side car flashes and the phone wont do anything until its restarted. I have replaced the phone, sidecar and ethernet cables. I am trying to get the customer to change the way they handle the inbound calls so we don't have these ring all groups with phones in both groups. I might try that 1 second delay digital receptionist idea though.

I have also been testing a polycom VVX 600 at my office with a similar ring group setup. This phone has a plantronics wireless headset with lifter cable. Multiple times a day when the call gets to the second ring group and is answered by someone else, the headset continues beeping and if I press the headset button the phone reboots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.