Congrats! But I'm Waiting A While Yet

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tudorc, May 25, 2007.

1. tudorc

I've been evaluating IP PBXs over the course of the past couple of weeks, trying to determine if we should make the move. 3CX is by far and away the best designed/most usable of all the solutions that I have evaluated. Well done! It's definitely my #1 choice (over Asterisk, AsterixNow and TrixBox) but where 3CX wins in usability, it lacks a bit in functionality: call queuing, more robust conferencing and a few other bits and pieces like compression algo depth and others. But big kudos on the administration interface, and the simple installation! Everything is there presented in a logical, clear and concise way... Line status, logging, everything you need to support setting up and troubleshooting. Your configuration guides were very clear and helpful! The general documentation is written well (English, not techno jargon)! How anyone would want to edit text files in Linux after seeing a product like this is beyond me.
    We'll move our business to this product once a few of the functional gaps are filled - assuming the price of the Enterprise version is reasonable.
    Congrats again on a great product! Please fill the gaps asap :)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn......

I love a good post (I should go outside more often I guess).

Spot on mate, and for sure they will take it on board. Keep in mind it is a relative "young" (Nick founded 3CX Ltd in 2005).

The product it self, is like you mentioned pretty darn good, the foundation is there and if they keep going like they do it will be a serious player. (in the callmanager, astrix etc space).

But there is still a long way to go, it is good for "basic" call handling but it still lacks the detailed features you get with the more mature applications like Cisco Callmanager, but hey they been arround for a while so you can expect they get it wright one day.

If it fits within their target market, for sure they will fix them.

But enough said.

Tudorc, great post mate could not say it better myself. (would not even come close to be honest :)).

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks for your nice feedback! Always nice to hear! :)

Call Queueing will be in the enterprise edition, and pricing will be around $1495 for the enterprise edition. That includes unl extensions per server and unl lines.....

4. tudorc

Nick, It is a great product and clearly on its way to even more greatness - and I'm considering making the leap. $1495 seems a bit on the steep side for not a great deal more functionality (i.e. queuing, Exchange Integration, branch office and TAPI). For me, queuing, call recording TAPI/CTI integration are important features that I think are provided in the lower-end offerings of competitive IP PBX products. I can understand Exchange Integration and branch office support being "Enterprise" features...
    I don't know how many other companies there are out there like mine (small/mid-size with lots of sales and customer service calls inbound and outbound), but I suspect at least a lot! We want to use VoIP to reduce our inbound and outbound sales call costs, use SIP to increase our sales force flexibility (home workers), IP PBXs to improve our general telephony capability without busting the bank, and the more cerebral integrations are of not much importance.