Connect 3CX directly to other non-3CX IP PBX servers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by karingal, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karingal

Hi,

I'm looking for information about connecting 3CX to other non-3CX IP PBX servers. The following link was referenced in a 3CX book, but it no longer works.

http://wiki.3cx.com/documentation/general/sip-dns-configuration

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers Mark

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Connecting in what way? You should be able to register 3CX trunks to another SIP PBX just as you would to any SIP provider. And Vice-versa. The hard(est) part is working out the dialling plans.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Generally you can do this in several ways:

First method is to create SIP extensions in each of the PBXs and register SIP trunks in the other PBX as SIP extension in the first PBX and vice-verse. This method most probably will work with most PBXs. You may create outbound rules (ARS) so dialing an extension number in the other PBX will go out through the specific trunk. The drawback is extensions in the other PBX will see a call coming from an extension in their own PBX. The method works with incoming DDI calls to both PBXs.

Second method is to use built-in 3CX bridge connection. Create a master bridge in the 3cx server and register SIP trunks from other PBX to 3cx. This will allow calling extensions in other PBX using DDI and eventually also trunks of other PBX.

Third method is so called 'Direct SIP calling'. This means placing a call without registration like '101@other_PBX_IP_address' if allowed / accepted by PBXs. Usually you should be able to call at least other PBX extensions, but not to use other PBX trunks.

Hope this helps. However, there is no universal solution.
    Send me a private message with more details about your PBXs and e-mail, I could eventually help you setting interconnect.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. karingal

Thanks for the replies. I'll give the suggestions a go and see how we get on.

Cheers Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.