• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Connect 3cx to a remote FreePbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

askandasnwer

New User
Reaction score
Hi

I have a 3cx hosted on AWS, and a freepbx on a local network which has the PCI card and 2 analog lines. Is there a way to connect these analog lines (which are on the remote freepbx) to the 3cx.

Can a connection be established between the 3cx and the freepbx to use these analog lines to make calls from 3cx.?

Like as a sip trunk or any other way?

Please help

Thank you.

Use a bridge on the 3CX side and a SIP trunk on the FreePBX side.

Hi

Thank you, just to make it clearer the freepbx has the analog lines, so this is the correct method for this right?

Thank you once again.

Normally you would use a gateway, not a PBX, but it can work if configured correctly. However, 3CX will not help you on this and as for us, we are limited in the help we can give regarding FreePBX (never used it.)

Hi

Ok thanks a lot. But I just realized im using a 8 Sim calls free account and I cannot see bridges in thw management console. any other alternatives that could help me test and set it up?

Thank you

Hi

Ok thanks a lot. But I just realized im using a 8 Sim calls free account and I cannot see bridges in thw management console. any other alternatives that could help me test and set it up?

Thank you
A Gateway, those work on free version.

You need Pro or Enterprise for bridges. SIP trunk CAN work but no one has ever made it work correctly (always some CallerID issues.)

Ideally you'd use a bridge trunk (if possible) as it can be set to allow the "other" PBX to register to 3CX.

If that is not available to you, the alternative might be to register a generic trunk, on 3CX, to an extension on the other PBX. It is not ideal, but should allow access to the PSTN trunks, providing you set up your outbound rules correctly.

Hi

Thank youm is there any step by step guide on this?

There won't be a guide as such, but...in a nutshell, if you are unable to use a Bridge trunk, the steps would be...

Create an extension on the FreePBX

Create a Generic trunk on 3CX, and use the credentials, fron the extension you created on the other PBX to register as an extension..

Network/Server settings, and any port forwarding/firewall "adjustments" required at the freePBX end, may have to be worked out.

Create outbound rules to send the required digits to the trunk. This may involve an access digit, that has to be stripped before sending.

Hi,
I think what leejor said is the only possible way.
It would be better to use a VPN between the 2 PBXs, otherwise the information between PBXs will be in clear text and subject to Hacking.

Last edited:
Hi

Thank you very much @leejor and everyone, was able to make this work by creating sip trunks on both freepbx and 3cx.

The only issue now is for inbound calls from freepbx to 3cx im getting the 3cx main trunk number as callerid, the caller id is not being pulled into the 3cx system.

Outbound id is perfectly fine only issue with inbound.

Tried putting all the avalable option in inboud settings in 3cx but maxiumum it shows is UNKNOWN

Is there any way to make this work?

Hi

I just figured this out, I had used the called id as 1000 in my freepbx trunk so thats why it was showing as 1000.

Now after removing it im getting the full original caller id.

Now everything is working fine at the moment. if there is any update will post here.

Just for information on how to setting this up I got a lot of details from this link as well :

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=21498

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.