connect call

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jeremyn, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyn

when making a call thru the voip client using a desk phone it plays a RVA saying "your call is being connected" is it possible to just start ringing the ext. rather than the user having to wait ? it's somewhat frustrating

2. Henk

Henk Member

YOu do not have a divertion in there somewhere, this typically sounds like you call one extension and it is diverted to the other.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeremyn

no this is a direct call originated from the pc, but to be made with a desk phone, this is before the phone actualy calls the number called

4. Henk

Henk Member

Just so I understand it,

You originate the call on the pc and use the phone to talk?

That is some sort of routing really, what happens the call is handed to the phone and this divertion takes time, during which the message is played.

You get the same message if you forward a call from phone to phone, not sure if you can turn the functionality off. But my guess is that instead of having a silence you better hearing a message.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jeremyn

it's just that it's about 5 seconds and I would think it takes less time to route the call

6. Henk

Henk Member

That is possible how long the message is, something to try is to put a silent message there see what happens.

Without a trace I really have no idea why it does that.

H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.