• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Connect client phones on a old pbx using a sip trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffen Maier

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I do have a old PBX (Panasonic TDE200NE) with a DECT solution.
In order to use the old Phone with 3cx, is it possible to tell the Panasonic that 3cx is the SIP Trunk?

Can I "simulate" a sip trunk, so it can connect (not using that sip trunk for outgoin calls of course).

Thank you,
Steffen Maier

Hi Steffen,

If you are talking about bridging between PBX's then I have done this with Avaya systems before using a SIP trunk, so unless there is any restriction on the Panasonic (I do not know that brand intimately I am afraid) then I cannot see an issue.

Do a search for "3CX Panasonic bridge" there are quite a few posts on this, some in favor some not.

Thanks, maybe that is what I need.
So how can you tell 3cx that this SIP Trunk is a bridge (so no connection to the outside world)?
And do you configure this under bridges or trunk?

Generally spoken: Is there a difference in a sip trunk, if you are on the client or provider side?

Given that older VoIP Pbxs rarely act as a server (allow other to register to them on a trunk), you will have to register the Panasonic to 3CX, in the same manner as registering a trunk to a VoIP provider. In that case, you would create a Master Bridge trunk in 3CX.

See.... https://www.3cx.com/docs/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.