Solved Connect extension to port 5060 of PC (not using 3cx phone app)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kaloyan, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaloyan

Hello,
    I have a situation where I need to forward an inbound call to a specific extension (11 in this case).
    I am doing this for several other extensions which are connected to Grandstream GXP phones.
    Everything is nice and clear, but the extension 11 must be attached to a Windows PC, not a phone and not 3cx application on the PC.
    The PC has an IP address of 10.172.83.122 and is listening for incoming calls on port 5060.
    I tried making a custom device template but with totally no success.
    Is this call forwarding possible and how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

BR,
    Kaloyan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The PC must be running a SIP client of some sort. It won't respond to an INVITE otherwise. From the sounds of it, you are going to, or have, manually provision(ed) this client. Can you provide additional details on the device/software you are attempting to run?

3. Kaloyan

The PC is running a SIP client service which aims to transfer the calls from the 3CX to a CRM system.
    The main idea is to get some information popping up based on the caller ID or something. My task is to provide the connection between 3CX and the SIP service on the PC, the other part is predefined.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Pretty much any SIP client that follows the standards, will work work 3CX (for basic functions). You will no doubt have to configure it manually. If you provide the name of the client, then someone in the forum may be familiar with it, and can provide assistance.

5. Kaloyan

This is the system: https://www.infoserv.eu/Home
    It is more or less local so I am not sure someone has ever seen it. I asked them if they have any experience with 3CX and they said they used Asterisk in some cases.
    The other option is to skip 3CX and use their system for receiving all calls but I do not want to do it because I will lose control on the administration.
    Is there a "generic" third party device driver which I can use with phone provisioning by just adding the MAC and IP addresses?
    Now when I add an extension with my custom driver, the extension is not registered and I can not make calls to it. How to trigger a registration for unknown device?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In theory every sip device or client can connect with the PBX as long as you provide the correct ip a username and a password of an extension.

7. Kaloyan

I do not know how to add the username and password for the extension because there is no way to enter it in the client service running on the PC. In 3CX I can not leave the username blank, so this is part of the problem.

8. Kaloyan

So I found a workaround to add a username and blank password in the service on the Windows PC. Now it is registered and working :)
    Thank you all for the support! I knew 3CX will do the job again!

Regards,
    Kaloyan

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear you managed to resolve your issue.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.