Connect from offsite into a server using DHCP - Iphone & And

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sgiddey, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgiddey

Hi there
    Remote phones using iphone / Android / softphone (3cx Phone).. I do not have a static IP from my ISP, ISP delivers DHCP, I can request a static address but will be charged more than double for the service.. My system is working great now, CID's incoming outgoing transfer etc Its awesome, What I need is to be able to take a laptop offsite and connect.. Well no static IP to connect to, I have tried to use my domain name which is being redirected by my DNS provider. ie I can connect remotely.. VPN.. everything by domain name - all good. These are the ports that I have open and forwarded on my router, are there any other ports that need to be opened so that I can connect from offsite?
    9000 - 9015 UDP
    5060 TCP &UDP
    5090 TCP
    Thanks in advance

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Re: Connect from offsite into a server using DHCP - Iphone &

deleted your duplicate post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So...are you saying that your remote extensions are having trouble registering using your domain name, in a round about way?

If that is the case, and the 3CX logs will show the problem (it's always helpful to post the log showing an error), I suspect that you have not datafilled your Domain Name in 3CX (off the top of my head, I think it's in the Advanced Settings) and it is rejecting your off site extensions when they attempt to register.

Would that be it, or is there some other issue?

4. sgiddey

Thanks for all the help, Finally it is now resolving my domain name and all looks good, thanks to everyone and really appreciate these forums

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.