Connect POTS Line To 3CX On The Cheap

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeremyscalpello, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyscalpello

Hello. I am very new to 3CX and VOIP systems in general.

I currently have a single POTS (standard phone line from local carrier that is in the wall) and I would like to be able to receive calls from that line to a specific extension on my 3CX phone system. What sort of hardware would I need for a single line?

I am on a very low budget. All I need is to be able to receive calls on the single line.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Jeremy

EDIT: How well would this work? http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBi110-UK-Service-Bridge-Telephone-Adaptor/dp/B004XJCBGU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1415181407&sr=1-1&keywords=OBi110

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

Generally you can find the supported hardware in the following link:
    http://www.3cx.com/support

What you require is a FXO Gateway (sometimes referred to as PSTN Gateways).

3. jasit

jasit New Member

If you want to go cheaper, then if it is an option, port your pot line to a voip provider. our savings was $25 per month per line, just on line costs.

4. jeremyscalpello

I considered that, but then my carrier wanted me to switch to an "enterprise" account which would cost me an extra 100 Euros a month... Fuckers.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can pick up a gateway, such as the Linksys SPA-3102, for under $80 US. That is just one example, there are others. While single line gateways no longer seem to be "officially" supported by 3CX, they will usually work with no issues.

http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-spa3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

6. jeremyscalpello

- NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Aha! Great! What do you think about the Obi 110? Only read good things about it and there's a store a few minutes from me that has them. Thanks.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have an Obi 110 that I use only for GoogleVoice. I have to say that I never really got into the device. I (personally) find the menu system to be overly complicated. I know that other will disagree, and it does allow for a lot of flexibility, but that is just my opinion. There are a number of sites that provider support for the device but is is not a device for the "faint of heart", nor was it ever supported by 3CX. Do some investigation before you purchase.

8. jeremyscalpello

Alright, thanks for the help. :) God bless you Sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.