Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Connect POTS Line To 3CX On The Cheap

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeremyscalpello, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyscalpello

Hello. I am very new to 3CX and VOIP systems in general.

I currently have a single POTS (standard phone line from local carrier that is in the wall) and I would like to be able to receive calls from that line to a specific extension on my 3CX phone system. What sort of hardware would I need for a single line?

I am on a very low budget. All I need is to be able to receive calls on the single line.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Jeremy

EDIT: How well would this work? http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBi110-UK-Service-Bridge-Telephone-Adaptor/dp/B004XJCBGU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1415181407&sr=1-1&keywords=OBi110

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

Generally you can find the supported hardware in the following link:
    http://www.3cx.com/support

What you require is a FXO Gateway (sometimes referred to as PSTN Gateways).

3. jasit

jasit New Member

If you want to go cheaper, then if it is an option, port your pot line to a voip provider. our savings was $25 per month per line, just on line costs.

4. jeremyscalpello

I considered that, but then my carrier wanted me to switch to an "enterprise" account which would cost me an extra 100 Euros a month... Fuckers.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can pick up a gateway, such as the Linksys SPA-3102, for under $80 US. That is just one example, there are others. While single line gateways no longer seem to be "officially" supported by 3CX, they will usually work with no issues.

http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-spa3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

6. jeremyscalpello

- NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Aha! Great! What do you think about the Obi 110? Only read good things about it and there's a store a few minutes from me that has them. Thanks.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have an Obi 110 that I use only for GoogleVoice. I have to say that I never really got into the device. I (personally) find the menu system to be overly complicated. I know that other will disagree, and it does allow for a lot of flexibility, but that is just my opinion. There are a number of sites that provider support for the device but is is not a device for the "faint of heart", nor was it ever supported by 3CX. Do some investigation before you purchase.

8. jeremyscalpello

Alright, thanks for the help. :) God bless you Sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.