• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

connect remote user SNOM300 phone to 3cx using port forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellcrowe

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi

need to know how to connect remote user Snom300 phone to 3cx phone system without going through a vpn

e.g the problem we have is QOS on home users.
the home user will have just 1 adsl line for voip and data
we normally use draytek routers and this supports QOS
so if we can set up phone to work using ports then we can control bandwith.
to control bandwith in a vpn for single remote users is very expensive to do.

what ports would we need to open at the office /3cx server firewall

thanks
russell

forwarding port 5060

if i try that the snom300 does not register with the 3cx system
thought might need other ports
thanks
russell

My installation work fine with 5060 only (TCP & UDP)

From 3CX MANUAL:

Port 5060 (TCP and UDP) - Used for SIP protocol transmission – must be a static mapping, no port translation
Port 5090 (TCP) - Used for 3CX tunnel (if tunnel is enabled)
Port 9000-9015 (UDP) - Used for RTP protocol for incoming and outgoing calls

Do the 3cx system logs show the Snom300 even attempting to register? The 3CX is behind a router, are you using DDNS? Do you have stun enabled on the remote Snom set?

i have not looked at logs
but using fixed ipadress and default settings on snom not changed anything to do with stun?
phones work through vpn and locally

firewall we are using in sonicwall and tried draytek
thanks
russell

with port 5060 udp and tcp the phone does register but when try to call e.g an extension forbidden message on phone

have tried looking in logs but did not make much sense
thanks
russell

The logs would help. If you could post the registration and a call attempt. The Snom has a public Ip at the far end or is it behind a router?

i will do a test on monday when back in office
and get copy of logs
at the remote user end this is behind a draytek router

the 3cx office end has a sonicwall with port forwarding open for 5060
thanks
Russell

Do you not have ports 9000 to 9015 forwarded at the 3CX end as well?

no
should they be tcp and udp?
what do those ports do
thanks
Russell

UDP.
Port 9000-9015 (UDP) - Used for RTP protocol for incoming and outgoing calls

Jimmy
thanks for your help
still having problems getting snom phone to work using port forwarding

using lan to lan vpn on routers phone works ok

so i have openedport 5060 and 9000-9015 on firewall at 3cx server end
remote end using draytek router

only thing i have changed on the phone was ip address this is now the external ip address of router at the 3cx end
it was lan ip address of 3cx server before when using vpn

when i try and call extension get message forbidden:146
do i need to change any other settings on snom phone?

any ideas
thanks
russell

see copy of log

looks like it is close to working
extension 146 is the remote extension
you can see it registers but when calling extension it fails
port 2057 what is this for?
any ideas

---------------------------------------------------------

14:24:01.189 [CM503008]: Call(3012): Call is terminated

14:24:01.189 [CM503015]: Call(3012): Attempt to reach <sip:[email protected];user=phone> failed. Reason: Forbidden

14:24:01.189 [CM503003]: Call(3012): Call to sip:[email protected] has failed; Cause: 403 Use Proxy; from IP:192.168.69.20:2057

14:24:00.892 [CM503024]: Call(3012): Calling Ext:Ext.146@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:2057;line=lhdez2b1]

14:24:00.876 [CM503004]: Call(3012): Route 1: Ext:Ext.146@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:2057;line=lhdez2b1]

14:24:00.876 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected];user=phone>

14:24:00.876 [CM505001]: Ext.240: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: Snom;Mod: 3xx series;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [snom300/6.5.15] Transport: [sip:192.168.10.12:5060]

14:24:00.876 [CM503001]: Call(3012): Incoming call from Ext.240 to <sip:[email protected];user=phone>

14:23:45.408 [CM504001]: Ext.146: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:[email protected]:2057;line=lhdez2b1/146]

14:23:04.689 [CM504008]: Fax Service: registered as sip:[email protected]:5060 with contact sip:[email protected]:5100;user=phone

14:22:55.626 [CM504001]: Ext.142: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:[email protected]:2049;line=2wenqf6r/142]

i have now added a stun.3cx.com server setting on the snom phone and this has helped

i can now dial the remote extension and it rings but i can hear them but they can not hear me
but remote extension can not dial any other extension

so this must be firewall issues i think
not sure which end

any ideas

If EXT 142 is located on another LAN it should be showing as registering with the public IP of the router at it's end NOT the 192.168.x10.42 private IP. 3Cx will have no way of knowing where to send calls to that set, it will try on the local LAN then fail. Generally the port is 5060, 5061, 5062 etc., not 2049, but the port might not be a problem. I suspect that there is a setting in the set that need to be changed to allow it to register properly and send out the public IP, perhaps somewhere near the STUN settings? Haven't used the SNOM sets myself so I'm not familiar with the specifics on those models.

I recall that the Sonicwall is not supported since it cannot do direct port forwarding. Certainly with the issue you're having I.e. No two-way audio does relate to the port fowarding being translated and probably accounting for that 2057 port that showed up.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain 3CX don't support sonicwall for those reasons.

if sonicwall firewalls are not support
does anyone have a list of supported firewall

we have lots of customers using sonicwall so rules them out of using 3cx with replacing firewall

list would be usefull
plus i do not understand how one of the leading brands of firewall can not be used with 3cx

You could try playing around with the outbound proxy settings in the handset and 'pbx delivers audio' setting in the PBX extension to see if this may help with your audio issues.

Good move on setting up the STUN server settings - that was definitely causing your registrations issues otherwise.

Most audio problems related to how extensions are behaving are usually related to these settings - some handsets like them turned on, others do not (such as Cisco, Linksys and Polycom)

only issue i can not solve at moment is the remote handset can not dial.

local handsets can dial and talk to the remote handset
but if remote handset dials get forbidden message

so not sure if this is firewall or settings on snom phone or 3cx

it seems getting handset to work from remote site is very difficult
which is meant to be one of the selling points of 3cx over traditional pbx system

my setup is
3cx server behind sonicwall TZ180
remote handset behind Draytek 2820
phone is snom300

configured to use port forwarding
as per above it nearly works

anyone ever got this working with similar equipment

thanks
russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.