Connecting 3CX-PBX <-> Panasconic-NCP-PBX via SIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pc-spezialisten.de, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pc-spezialisten.de

Hello Community,

did anyone of you make a successful connection between 3CX-PBX and Panasonic-NCP-PBX (or similar) via SIP. It works with 3CX-SIP-Provider <-> NCP500-SIP-Extension, but only with 1 channel per SIP-Extension. This is not a right solution. I thinking about connecting via SIP-Trunk(?). Could someone give some helpful informations about it? I tried it, but it doesn't work :S

This connections I tried:
    3CX-VoIP-Provider to NCP-SIP-Extension works
    NCP-SIP-Gateway to 3CX-SIP-Extension works

3CX-VoIP-Provider to NCP-SIP-Gateway doesn't work

I am grateful for any hint :!:

Rainer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As you've discovered, provisioning as one extension to one trunk, or one trunk to one extension when connecting two PBX's, has it's limitations.

Have you tried using a 3CX Bridge trunk? It can be configured as a master or slave , depending on the requirements of the other PBX. See page 81 of the current manual. http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual12.pdf

Some features (CID?) may require tweaking.

3. pc-spezialisten.de

Hello,

thanx for you answer. You think, the 3CX Bridge trunk could also can be used, if you have 2 different PBX? In this case 3CX and Panasonic-NCP. In the manual is only spoken on the coupling of two 3cx pbx. If you had in mind, I would be very interested in your idea!

Greets.
    Rainer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe that this has been attempted before. If you set the 3CX trunk as a Master, then the SIP trunk at the other PBX could be set to register to it in the same manner as a VoIP provider. You only have your time to loose trying it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.