Connecting 3CX to a Vonage Softphone account

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kcanniff, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcanniff

I just installed the 3CX system on our Windows 2000 server.
    All services are running.

Within our network I can IP to the 3CX webpage, login, and make changes. No problem.
    My 3CX client connects fine to the phone system (Green)
    However my line that I want connected to my Vonage Softphone account status remains Red/offline.

I've installed the X-Pro Vonage Softphone and it works fine. Can send and receive calls.

Current configuration of the "Provider" is as follows:

Registrar/Proxy Hostname or IP: sphone.vopr.vonage.net port 5060
    Outbound Proxy Hostname or IP: sphone.vopr.vonage.net port 5061 (tried 5060 with no luck)

All other values are the defaults

VoIP Line configuration

External Number: <my Vonage phone number and the account# that was provided by Vonage>
    Authentication ID: <my Vonage phone number and the account# that was provided by Vonage>
    Authentication Password: <my Vonage softphone password that was provided by Vonage>

All other values are defaulted

All "Firewall Tests" passed so I don't believe it's the router.

What am I missing?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I have heard that Vonage no longer supports third party SIP products. I suggest using a open standard VOIP account, not vonage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ricambi America

We have no problem using multiple Vonage softphone accounts and 3CX v5, and Grandstream GXP2000 phones. Works perfectly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nitup

Have you had to change user-agent parameter in outbound parameters to fix it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.