Connecting a Gate Access Controller

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KidSquid, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidSquid

How can I tie in an access gate controller which is typically a analog device. The client already has a Linear RE-1 at their gate which is tied into the analog circuit of the home. When you press the call button it starts a distinctive ring which can be picked up on any phone.

Any suggestions on how I can tie it in to a 3cx install?

Thanks,

Sid

2. carolinainnovative

I don't know much about the Linear RE1 device - but if it generates a ring like a FXS port then you could get an analog FXO gateway like the Patton 4112 - treat it like any other inbound call. You could set it up to ring a ring group. The only catch is the "special" ring - that wouldn't likely be possible - but you could probably configure some sort of callerid to show up on the phones in the house - depending on which phones you are using.

3. KidSquid

4. KidSquid

I am still looking to try and find an answer for this....

I am wondering if I could use a Linksys SPA3102 VoIP Adapter as my bridge between the gate and 3cx.

If you look at the image below it shows how the gate call system connects to the phone system.

[​IMG]

Could I not just connect the house side to the FXS and the other to the FXO?

5. nwhitfield

Skimming the manual, I wonder if this wouldn't work if you configure the entry system to operate in call forwarding mode, specifying a 3CX extension number as the number to dial, then connecting the telco connections of the unit to an analogue adaptor.

That would, effectively, remove it completely from the existing phone line, and you might be able to do it without the bypass module too, which seems to be there largely to allow the gate system to send ring tone to the house without upsetting the telephone exchange.

I suppose you could connect in normal mode, to the 'house' ports of the gate, depending on whether you have an FXO or FXS adaptor, and the name you give the adaptor in 3CX will provide the ID on the house phones, rather than a distinctive ring.

Either way, I would have thought that the bypass model is probably superfluous, if you're having a dedicated connection between the gate and the PBX.

I have a similar entry system, which I have configured to dial a ring group on my 3CX, though it's designed to connect directly to a line, without a bypass module. In my case, it's set up to dial 81# - 81 is my ring group for the entry phone, and the # just prods the analogue adaptor to complete the call faster.

A brief note about it is at http://gonedigital.net/2010/04/20/making-an-entrance/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.