• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Connecting analog phones via media interface cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvanosch

Reaction score
Hoping this is possible.
Ive purchased a Dialogic 4-Port Voice/Fax Media PCI Board, D/4PCIUF in hopes of installing it on the system the 3cx software is installed on, in order to be able to use analog phones with my VoIP service. I've successfully connected 3cx to my voIp service and can place calls using the 3cx soft phone app.. At this point, it would simply be a matter of installing the card and setting it up as a sip gateway I would presume ? Never done this before but this seems to be logically how this should work. Am I on the right track here or is there something I am going about this wrong? Anyone have experience with using telephony cards to connect analog phones to VoIP services or is this even possible. Any info / advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

After further research I believe I would more accurately say 'I would like to use the telephony card mentioned above as a VoIP gateway to connect to the sip lines provided by the 3cx software'... did I say that correctly ? Lol.. Trying to use the correct lingo to describe what I'm tying to accomplish :)
Please advise if this can be done
Thx again.
Cheers

From what I see, the device is not able to do what you want. It takes in PSTN lines and converts the voice or fax signals for DSP processing to custom driven applications. Sip standards are not a part of its feature sets.

What are you trying to do? Your posts express two different expectations - interface to 3CX and in the initial post as an interface to drive analog phones. If you want to take PSTN lines and interface them into 3CX, then you need an FXO gateway. If trying to drive analog phones, then you need an FXS analog terminal adapter (ATA).

Look at Patton, Grandstream, and linksys. They all make various devices that are supported by 3CX. Trying to deviate from supported devices may be possible, but please keep in mind that each device/manufacturer has some uniqueness to it and the more you deviate outside of supported makes, the less likely you are to have success and the smaller the user base who may be able to help.

Thank you .. that information helped alot.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxFrank
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.