• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Connecting to car, tries to dial self

Status
Not open for further replies.

abercoms

Free User
Reaction score
Phone model Samsung Galaxy S8+, Android - OS V 8.0.0 Security Patch November 2018
3CX ver 15.5.15502.6
Android Client V 15.5.346.651

Hi
Im sure I saw a post where someone said his mobile was connecting to his car as soon as he got aboard and trying to dial himself, just cant find it now, anyone else getting this?
thanks

I have an S9 that sometimes does this. When I connect to the car via bluetooth it will dial itself. i haven't figured out the circumstances that cause it and the car itself doesn't show to be in an active call.

Its only when i try to listen to the radio or Android Auto and get no sound so I realise the audio is muted because the phone is on a call.

I'll uninstall my 3cx app to see if the issue goes away.

Thats exactly it, Ive tried a reinstall already no difference, doesnt do it every time but most, doing my head in.

Hi
Check if your extension has "Also ring my mobile" option enabled/checked. If yes, disable it, then make a test to see if the issue persists.

Quick update, havnt seen problem since unticking but havnt been in car so much, going to put back on to see if problem comes back, useless data here, no 3G so depend on divert to phone

Hi
Check if your extension has "Also ring my mobile" option enabled/checked. If yes, disable it, then make a test to see if the issue persists.

I do not have that enabled and it happened again today.

Quick update, havnt seen problem since unticking but havnt been in car so much, going to put back on to see if problem comes back, useless data here, no 3G so depend on divert to phone

Just curious if this issue ever came back for you? Oddly enough I've not changed anything as I wanted to try and catch the scenario it occurred but haven't had this issue pop up again.

Both vehicles the problem occurred in are GM brands. Was yours in a GM or different brand?

This just happened again and for me it isn't related to 3CX. This looks like a bug in Google Voice. I was able to repeat the scenario several times.

If I have Google Voice open and in focus when my phone connects to the vehicle Bluetooth it immediately dials itself. I repeated this on three different vehicles with the same results. If Google Voice is closed or running in the background when BT connects or opened after connection there are no issues.

Uninstalling the 3CX client made no difference. It was just coincidence that we both had a similar issue but appears my cause is different.

Sorry Ive been quiet, I went weeks with it OK (and ring my mobile on) then it started again, yesterday it happened to the wife, she has a Merc, I have a Ford. Definately does not seem to do it with the ring my mobile on but Ill take a look at Google Voice, dont use it so Ill try to turn off and see where I go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.