• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

connecting to other IP PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodster

Reaction score
Can 3cx connect to another IP PBX? For example, using talkswitch?
What we want to do is have a SIP extension in talkswitch which will become a trunk in 3cx. Is this possible?
I tried to do this; via configuring a generic VoIP provider and connecting to talkswitch. The log on 3cx says "registration succeeded" but the trunk status is still colored red and says "not registered".

just for testing, I tried the 3cx phone to directly connect to the talkswitch and it works. I was hoping that the 3cx ip pbx can connect as well. any thoughts?

thanks.

The short answer is yes you can. Setting it up is another thing.

Thanks Kerry. Your reply is half helpful but thanks.

I'd to provide an update to my original post. I mentioned that the log file says the registration is successful but the trunk status is still red and still says not registered. My only mistake is not making test calls because of what the trunk status shows. Turns out that even though the trunk status is still red, everything is working. I can make calls from another PBX to 3CX and 3CX can make calls to the other IP PBX. Sorry for the original post. I should have made actual tests. I'm wondering though why 3CX reports "not registered" even though the SIP registration to the other IP PBX is successful and that everything seems working.

This thread is now closed.

This can happen if the trunk doesn't require authentication. Even though it will technically work, without authentication it can show as not registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.