Connecting via tunnel stopped working?

Discussion in 'Android' started by cjtrevor, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjtrevor

I have the 3cx for Android v11 installed on a Nexus 4.

It has been working fine for many weeks / months.

Today a new update automatically installed on my mobile from the Play store.

Now after the update the phone won't register via the tunnel when out of office. I've checked all the settings are there.

The message "unable to connect to server ...." is displayed after a couple of attempts.

Any ideas or is this a problem with the update?

Chris

2. kevin

kevin Member

@cjtrevor

This is confirmed working for me on a number of devices, using tunnel mode. Check your settings carefully, possibly comparing to another known working phone. You might try uninstalling to remove all settings, then reinstalling.

If the issue persists please advise Phone Model number, Android Version number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cjtrevor

My apologies

Got into office this morning and found the 3cx system had not restarted properly after some windows updates rebooted the computer. First time that has ever happened.

Restarted and now all working again. Just a coincidence the android update happened the same evening and I jumped to a wrong conclusion.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I find that it is best to disallow automatic updates, on a system running 3CX, for just this reason. Make some time, perhaps once a week, after hours, to apply manual updates. That way, once everything has been applied, and a re-boot done, you're there to confirm that all is working properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.