COnnection of LinkSys SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tgentle, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgentle

I have set up the LinkSys SPA3102 VOIP gateway according to the 3CX instructions and it is not showing as registered in 3CX.
    It's possible that the cables are not connected correctly. I have an existing router and just want to add a VOIP gateway to this. In order to talk to the LinkSys I have to connect a cable from the Ethernet connector of the LinkSys to my router. I can then set everything up as instructed.
    But in the 3CX instructions (Step 6) it says it is just necessary to set up the internet (blue) interface. What should I connect the internet interface to? I have connected it to the router for now.

You can see all of the settings at: http://www.tagconsultants.com/3cx/3CXPSTN.pdf

I would appreciate any help.
    Terry Gentle
    TAG Consultants, Aberdeen, Scotland

2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello
    i found that PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: is set to yes and mine is to NO.
    please let me know if that helps, also tell me the status dosent register and so on

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DanielMonsieux

Hi,

Make sure that your PSTN and LINE1 have a different port.
    Usually they are set to 5060. Change one to 5061

Also, line 1 ring on PSTN should be set to NO.

These are the major things to setup first.
    Let me know if you still have troubles.
    I can post my setup here also, however it will be superbig... :)

Greetings,

Daniel

4. Wardy

Wardy New Member

You need to connect the Blue interface of the SPA3102 to your Router/Switch and set up the PSTN line.

The dial plan 8 should be (S0<:10001>) not (S0<:10001)

I also have mine set to use outbound proxy using my 3CX and have both make call and ans call without reg set to yes

Also I had to switch off Line enable under the Line 1 tab

Thanks
    Stephen

5. tgentle

Thanks to all of you for the help so far. I checked and did everything recommended but the line was still not registering.
    Then I changed the User ID in the PSTN line / Subscriber information section to 10001 to match the 3cx line number and it registered. The 3CX instructions say to enter a name here but it didn't register until I put in the line number.

Now it is showing as registered in both 3XC and the Linksys systems, but I cannot make or receive calls. The cables are connected as follows:-

Enthernet socked on Linksys to existing router LAN port. Phone Line socket to external phone line.
    The Internet socket on the Linksys is not connected to anything.

Stephen said that I have to use the blue internet connection to connect to the router.
    I find that I need to use the ethernet connection to be able to talk to the Linksys using the browser interface. If I connect only the internet connection I cannot talk to the Linksys. I downloaded the user manual from Linksys and on page 18 is says to set the mode to 'Bridge / Switch' if the network already has a router. I don't know if this is relevant but when I change this setting the WAN and LAN ip adresses both go to 0.0.0.0 and then I can do nothing at all.

When I make a call fro 3CX the server log shows
    CM503004]: Call(86): Calling: PSTNline:10001@[Dev:sip:10001@127.0.0.1:5060]

I'm surprised that it shows 127.0.0.1. I would have expected the IP address of the Linksys. Finally I disconnected the Linksys from the network to test it somewhere else, but half an hour later it was still showing as registered on 3CX.

I feel as though I'm almost there, but just missing something simple.

Thanks,
    Terry Gentle

6. smithbrothers

You must connect your Local LAN to the BLUE INTERNET port on the linksys. I know is sounds weird, but that is how it works. BEFORE you do that, go in to the management console of the Linksys and under WAN SETUP, select ADVANCED, then make sure you set the IP address you want to use(You may have to change the LAN address if you want to use that one, or you can simply use use DHCP), and set the ENABLE WAN WEB SERVER to YES. This will allow you to get back into the management console once it is connected to the BLUE port.

You have to think of the Linksys as a router, the BLUE WAN PORT is considered your OUTSIDE, and the YELLOW PORT and the PHONE LINE are considered INSIDE. That is why it will not route the calls the way you are currently setup.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

SmithBro

7. tgentle

Thanks to you all for your help.

It's working now for incoming calls. Outgoing calls are not working but I will be using Sipgate for outgoing calls anyway so that's no problem.

Here is what I had to do in addition to the instructions in the 3CX setup information.

Connect from the LAN (yellow) port to the existing router.

Router / Wan setup:
    Set 'Enable WAN web server' to yes. This is to allow the device to be accessed through the Internet (blue) port.

Remove the cable from the LAN port and put it into the Internet port. The device can now be accessed using the WAN IP address.

Voice / PSTN line:
    Change 'PSTN ring thru Line 1' to No.
    Change 'PSTN Answer delay' from 16 to 1. This reduces the delay before the device responds to incoming calls.

Terry Gentle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.