• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mape89

Reaction score
I configured the Voice Application Designer entering the PBXServer and the PBXConfigurationPort but I can't connect to the 3CX Phone System. I've dove many tests but I was not able to solve this problem...
Assuming that I am entering the wrong port, where can I find the right configuration port in the 3CX Phone System?
What might be the other causes?

Thanks

I forgot to say that I installed the VAD on a pc in LAN.
Installing the VAD on the pc where the 3CX Phone System is installed, it works fine, but with the same port it doesn't work on the pc in LAN

You need to allow remote access to the configuration in 3CX. This is explained in the user's manual:

Allowing remote access to the configuration
After you have installed 3CX VAD in a remote computer, you need to allow remote access to the configuration of 3CX Phone System:
1. In the computer where 3CX Phone System is installed open the file 3CXPhoneSystem.ini usually located in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin.
2. Find the setting “confNIC” and change its value to “0.0.0.0”:
confNIC=0.0.0.0
3. Restart the service 3CX Configuration Service

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Thanks, it works now...
I did that with the previous version of 3CX Phone System and I didn't remember to do that after the update.

Thanks again :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.