Connection to 3CX API

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Maciej Cygan, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maciej Cygan

Hello everyone,

I seek some advice. I am trying to initiate connection to 3CX call api with Java but i am having difficultly getting anywhere. Does any one know how the actual connection is made with .NET application so i can replicate this with java?

When i try to telnet to port 5485 (from localhost - where 3cx is installed) the second i enter anything i get 'Connection closed by foreign host.' So i guess its not possible to login directly (or am i wrong ?). Also is there any documentation on how the actual API works ? I have seen the 'ObjectModel v14,v15 and Samples but not much documentation there.

Also the 3cxpscomcpp2.dll which supposed to be located in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_64 is missing

PS. I know that java API for 3CX does not exist, but i do hope that I can create something that will at least resemble java api for 3cx.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

It's not possible to access from java. You can create a proxy in .net, which access the API from .net and then connects to your java program via sockets for example.

The DLL you're looking for is in the 3CX installation directory.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maciej Cygan

Hello Ernesto,

Thank you for the answer. This slightly complicates things... Do you know if 3CX will release the API so it will allow connection and control through TCP ?

Thanks,
    Maciej

Bradley Haylock likes this.
  4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't think so, at least in the short term...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.