Connection to Alcatel PCX via SIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,
    I'm trying to connect to the Alcatel PCX as a SIP external gateway. I am able to place calls from the 3CX to the Alcatel no problem, but from the Alcatel to the 3CX I always get a 'not in dictionary' error.
    Looking at the setup for the lines on the 3CX you have each line with it's own id andauthentication which means I have to create a single line for each user on the Alcatel system (can run into 1000's!) Is there a way to accept all calls from a single server without creating specific lines for each one? e.g. the SIPSP-PBX from xycomm you can add an access point to allow all calls from one server. Does the 3cx have the same feature?

Thanks

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Integrating with Alcatel

Thank you for your post. If you dont mind let me recap a little what you are trying to do. Please confirm if i had it right.

First off: Who is giving the 'Not in dictionary error' - is that the Alcatel PBX or 3CX phone system?

if i understand correctly, you want all users on the alcatel system to make outbound calls via a gateway or provider via the 3cx phone system. Basically the users on your alcatel system become extensions on our system but you dont want to create the extensions, just have it authenticate 'automatically'.

Why would you not just use an FXS gateway and attach it to your Alcatel PBX? ( I am keen for you to use our phone system :) But i need to understand the scenario)

Did i understand correctly?

3. ObiGunz

I have an Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise PBX which I have 4 SIP licenses for. I have all my users on a mixture of analogue, digital and IP clients to this PBX on 2xxx. I would like to use those four to connect to a 3CX Soft PBX. I would like to create matching extensions on 3cx like for user 2nnn to have 3nnn on 3CX. And then I would like to do rules like if not picked on third ring to route to 3xxx. And that 3xxx can call any 2xxx extensions anytime. The clients for the 3cx would be softphones or wifi smartphones like the e71 or N95, N96. I would then also like to connect up my external SIP gateways to 3cx and so all call types that qualify at the alcatel to be passed to 3cx which then routes to appropriate provider.

I have access to some E71, E61i and N95 Nokia phones and connecting them up to 3CX (I imagine) would not be a complicated affair. Connecting the Alcatel to 3CX might be the most complicated thing I have ever tried because there is no word about it on the entire internet (or I am just a lame searcher ... the latter seems more likely).

I need as much information as I can get and I know that this is where I can find the best help. Please help me.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

We dont have any experience or documentation on connecting an alcatel PCX with 3CX. I would say its much easier to replace the Alcatel, even if you end up keeping the phones and using an FXS channel bank to reduce cost.