Connectwise + 3cx issue

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Richard Villalba, Oct 11, 2018 at 4:37 PM.

  1. Richard Villalba

    Joined:
    Thursday
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    I already set up CRM integration - I do a test and I am able to successfully pull data from Connectwise.
    However, no CRM contacts are populating into 3CX from connectwise.

    Any ideas?
     
  2. edossantos

    edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    Messages:
    1,435
    Likes Received:
    114
    Contacts from your CRM will be inserted into 3CX Contacts when you receive a call from them. If this is not happening, please enable verbose logs from the 3CX Console > Dashboard > Activity Logs > Settings, and then check the 3cxSystemService.log file, which contains everything related to CRM integration.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Richard Villalba

    Joined:
    Thursday
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Ernesto,

    Thanks for your reply - here is what i got.

    2018/10/11 13:42:41.927|3800|0004|Verb|Dequeue Inserted.CONNECTION.1223
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.581|3800|0072|Verb|The response is: '{"CompanyName":"mycompany","Codebase":"v2018_5/","VersionCode":"v2018.5","VersionNumber":"v4.6.57100","CompanyID":"Preemo","IsCloud":true,"SiteUrl":"api-na.myconnectwise.net"}'
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.581|3800|0072|Verb|Filtered variables for matching:
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.581|3800|0072|Verb| 'Version' = 'v2018_5/'
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.581|3800|0072|Verb| 'IsCloud' = 'True'
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.581|3800|0072|Verb|Processing scenario 'GetCompanyId'.
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.581|3800|0072|Verb|Creating new HttpClient for Basic authentication
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.581|3800|0072|Verb|Performing GET request 'https://api-na.myconnectwise.net/v2018_5/apis/3.0/company/companies?conditions=phoneNumber like '%251786123456' OR faxNumber like '%251786123456''.
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.777|3800|0017|Verb|The response is: '[]'
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.779|3800|0017|Verb|No matchings found.
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.779|3800|0017|Verb|Removed from processing. Number=+1786123456
    2018/10/11 13:42:42.779|3800|0017|Info|CRM: processing of +1786302123456 has been finished

    I've edited the real phone number obviously. What is going on. Why does it say "No matching founds"? I see one of the line references the correct company. Also one of the api says "Phone number like and then it adds a %251 is this correct?

    Thanks.
     
  4. Jorge Alfonso

    Joined:
    Thursday
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    To add to what Richard is saying...

    When we originally setup the CRM Integration with Connectwise, all contacts from connectwise automatically were imported as "company contacts." We had to do some cleanup so we deleted all contacts, and re-setup the integration but the contacts are not auto importing.
     
  5. Richard Villalba

    Joined:
    Thursday
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dear Ernesto,

    As a test, I went to connectwise and added 251 in front of the phone number and made a call now it registered. Why is the API checking the number with a 251 in front of it? How can we fix it.
     
  6. Richard Villalba

    Joined:
    Thursday
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    FYI: We fixed this by editing the ConnectWise api template and removing the %25 portion from it.
     
  7. edossantos

    edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    Messages:
    1,435
    Likes Received:
    114
    The %25 is the escape sequence for the percentage symbol.

    When we set the condition to:
    Code:
    phoneNumber like '%251786123456' OR faxNumber like '%251786123456'
    We mean after decoding:
    Code:
    phoneNumber like '%1786123456' OR faxNumber like '%1786123456'
    which means numbers ending with 1786123456.

    That should work. Also, you can try changing the settings from the 3CX Console > Contacts > Options > Match Caller ID's to a contact entry > Match at least X number of characters = 7 for example, so you perform the lookup using the last 7 digits, and avoid issues with prefixes, which might be what is causing the problems in your installation...

    Kind regards.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...