connetct from WAN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by moucha10, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moucha10

Hi there,

I would like to register phone SPA942 to 3CX Phone System. But, there is little different. The phone is not in the same network as 3CX. I want connect the phone to 3CX through WAN. 3CX has PUBLIC IP. Would you help with this problem? Which steps I need to do?

Thank You

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There can be a number of variables involved, but this should get you started.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

3. active5

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless there is a specific problem you are trying to overcome, and are unable to do so any other way, then it doesn't make a lot of economic sense to use to use the 3CX Proxy Manager, if you only have a single set at a remote location. The Proxy Manager requires a PC running at all times, something that may be a bit of overkill in support of a single set.

It is a good idea to consider it's use if you are running multiple sets at one remote location.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

the way that makes more sense it so simply use the 3cx tunnel and setup the user as a remote extension. As Leejor said if it's only one use why use the sip proxy manager? The directions are easy to find in the blogs section simply type remote extensions and you'll see different scenarios for handsets etc..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.