• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Considering Windows based PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebernazz

Reaction score
I would love to get off of our Avaya system but I am not sure a Windows based PBX could handle our size. I would love to hear if anyone out there has 3CX with 350 extensions and 48 SIP Trunks (or at least similar).

We do not do call recording, however we do have a 30 agent ACD call center that handles 500 calls a day. Voice mail usage is low to moderate at our company.

Thanks

Do you have 48 individual SIP trunks or 1 trunk that can handle 48 concurrent calls? The size of the installation is far less important than the number of concurrent calls coming in and 48 concurrent calls is nothing for even a moderately sized system.

Not exactly sure. We have a full T3 for data and Global crossing will use part of that for 48 SIP trunks. So we could have up to 48 outside calls simultaneous and another 40 (best guess) internal calls or people checking voice mail etc.

I am assuming that means 48 channels (a trunk is a group of channels usually). 3CX can easily handle 48 concurrent calls but you would probably need a 64 simultaneous call license to handle those 48 calls plus extension to extension and voicemail calls.

Thanks Jerry, Already spoke to Ian and he is putting me in touch with someone he recommends from PA. I will go with the 128 license and 300 Cisco SPA504G phones.

Thanks

I'd suggest you do some research before buying a bulk of 300 of the same phone.
Make sure that no one has had any problems with them...

ebernazz:

3CX can very easily handle your volume and your setup consists on one trunk with 48 channels. Assuming that you use 711, that means that they allocate the needed bandwidth dynamically off your Ts (or DS3).
As others pointed out, take a moment to select the phone that best suits your needs (and auto-provision well) especially because of your company size.

A word of caution... Following the suggestion of a hardware distributor will likely get you a sales superstar for that company and not always the most qualified expert. Do some homework in that respect and look at the listing in the 3CX site for a Certified and Premium partner. Call 3CX and ask them whom can deliver what you are looking for. Distributors are wholesalers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.