Constant ringing, SPA-3102 not passing call to 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mutti_wilson, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutti_wilson

I have a problem with certain calls ringing forever, and never getting passed onto 3CX. Most calls work, but some get lost completely. Obviously this isn't acceptable. Has anyone experienced this before?

2. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Mutti, can you post a log of this when it happens.

While monitoring the log page, make an incoming call and see what appears on the log page and is it only with the SPA3102?

Phil

3. mutti_wilson

The problem is that nothing shows up in the log whatsover. I just tried it and it rang and rang with no luck, and nothing showed up in the log. This seems to happen mostly with cell phones, but I'm only able to hear from our employees that it's not working, not customers who may be trying to call in.

4. Philco

Philco Member

Process of elimination.

Your not even seeing the call come in you say?

Just to make sure 3cx is receiving the call, as it sounds like it isnt.

If you call the number, does the line show its busy in the line status page?

Also, if you disable or make the line 'unregister' by temporarily changing the password does the line still ring out when called.

I guess if it doesnt ring out, then 3cx is receiving the call when it is registered, but the server isnt doing anything wih it. Try stopping and starting the 3cx services.

Phil

5. mutti_wilson

The Call does not show up in the server status.

The line does not show up as busy. It remains idle the entire time.

When it is unregistered, it does the same thing. Rings and Rings.

I attached a screenshot from the SPA's info that shows that the gateway is seeing the call. Are some calls different in nature than others. If not, why would only some calls, and this number specifically, not get passed or recognized by 3CX?

I am running the latest free version and the computer has been restarted mulitple times for this and for other reasons, and the problem has persisted.

Also, with the caller ID. Most CID's are passed perfectly to the phone, but some come through with the name and id of the SPA, what would cause this. My Delay on the answer is 5 seconds i believe.

6. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Mutti, I'm not fully familier with the SPA 3102, but I take it that the PSTN numbers that pass through, they repeatedly do so 100% and the ones that dont get through repeatedly dont get through 100%? And we are talking of the PSTN to 3cx of of course.

Of the ones that do pass through, you hopefully see these in the log?

Phil

7. mutti_wilson

Exactly. Everything you wrote is true. Except for one instance this morning where one caller had an issue and a few hours later it worked just fine. One employee though can never call in. It has never worked for them.

8. Philco

Philco Member

Ok Muti, well I think its a dial plan issue (you may have suspected that) and I see from posts on this forum that a number of people have had problems.

Do a search on the whole forum for the SPA3102 and see if you find anything, particularly this one from Henk who posted this for the same reason

Look at http://www.d-d-d.com.au/3cx/InstructionMSPA3102V2_2a.pdf

I'll have a look in my info on the early 3000 series, but that will be tomorrow for me, its almost midnight here in the UK.

Phil

9. mutti_wilson

Wow, thats a manual! Thanks for the link. I did some searching, but i'll do some more. Thanks for the help. I much appreciate it!

10. Henk

Henk Member

It is on the PSTN line only?

To help you out I need more information, especially the whole config for the SPA, you can mail it to me on 3cx@d-d-d.com.au, and I will have a look at it.

Make sure you got the latest firmware, I tend not to change the firm ware when things work, but in your case you might try if you not have the latest firmware.

H

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. mutti_wilson

I'll have to wait until monday to send that config over. Do you want screenshots of the settings that or is there a file? I believe i have the latest firmware, though i could be wrong.

12. Henk

Henk Member

Screenshots are ok.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello
    reset the device to the factory set
    then reconfig it

14. mutti_wilson

Here are the screenshots from all the config pages. If you need anything else, let me know and I'll give it to you. Thanks!

15. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I notice you are running the SPA-3102 in NAT mode and with DHCP server running. Do you need this functionality (as a router) or are you using the 3102 just as an ATA (so do you have devices connected to the LAN port?)

Just a thought - may be a complete red herring. Haven't seen any significant other differences.

Chris

16. mutti_wilson

I've reset it to factory config a few times and forgot to turn DHCP off. I've done that now, though I don't see that making any significant change in function. Is NAT is correct as I am using it for a PSTN-3CX gateway only?

17. Henk

Henk Member

PSTN-To-VoipGateway setup set pstn ring thru line1 to Yes.
    Not sure where you are, but your FXO Port Impedance, try to set that to: 220+820||120Nf

Some household items to look into:

- If you can use static and not DHCP server.
    - Your time is not correct on the spa, should not matter much but it is nice to have it all consistent on the same network.
    - Check into your FXO timer settings, I think they can be a bit faster, such as PSTN Answer Delay is 4 you can set that to 3. Keep in mind that the PSTN Ring Thru CWT Delay MUST be half of the PSTN Answer Delay (this is important).
    - Your dial plan is (S0<10000>) make sure that the line ID in 3CX is 10000

Let me know how you go

H.

18. justin

When your calling and the call isn't being passed to 3cx have you tried pinging the SPA at that exact time? And is the problem with you not being able to call out using a phone connected to the SPA or another VOIP phone, or is the problem that when recieving an incoming call to your PSTN/VOIP line it isn't making 3cx ring?

19. mutti_wilson

I am located in Washington state, USA. Will that impedence work or is that gonna screw something up. I'll try it for kicks.

20. mutti_wilson

My only problem is with random incoming calls not even registering at the 3CX server. My outgoing calls work perfect. I have a VOIP line that is also active, that we are currently using to transfer calls etc, but we will be discontinuing it as our internet connection is not up to snuff (lag is too great, and the VOIP server is only 10 miles from us), and getting another SPA3102 for our second line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.