• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Contacts from 3CX Company Phonebook showing as <unnamed> on Yealink W52 provisioned handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspect

Reaction score
Bit of an odd issue, we have a customer that uses Yealink W52P dect bases.

When adding contacts to the global company phonebook, the contact on the portable handset shows up as 'Unnamed' despite the First Name in the address book being populated. The number against the contact shows up correctly though, it sounds like a templating issue to me but I can't be sure.

Is this something anyone else has seen before?

Many thanks

What version of 3CX ?

V15.5 install on Debian.

Is it possible that the number is in the handset (local) phone book, without a name (a blank field) that is overriding the name from the common phone book ?

The numbers in the local phone book are the ones showing up as <unnamed> these are extracted from entries added to the company phonebook in 3CX.

For example, user adds to the 3CX Company Phonebook, Company: test mobile number: 07778 833842
The phone eventually reprovisions and gets Contact name: <unnamed> number: 0778 833842

Originally they had been missing out the 'First Name' field against the contact adding the company name in the 'Company' text field instead in 3CX which made me think that this was related but I have since asked them to include the company name as the First Name, and they are still showing up as <unnamed> on there after reprovisioning the dect base handset.

If the handset receives a call from another extension, does both the name and extension number show? if you go though the local (internal) directory on the handset, do you see the entries (outside and/or local numbers) with name and number? if you check the 3CX Activity log, just after an outside call to the set, do you see both the name and number being sent?

This is old, and I'm not sure it is applicable, but perhaps worth a look at...
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/yealink-display-name-provisioning.20128/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.