Contacts in History shown as Unknown

Discussion in 'iOS' started by HugovanRhijn, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HugovanRhijn

I like 3CX for iPhone very much. But is there an explanation for the fact that if you have a contact with multiple phone numbers listed in your contacts data base, 3CX lists that contact - after having dialed one of these numbers - in history as "Unknown", while if there is only one number in the iOS contacts db available, it will display the name. Which is of course much easier to work with.
    Any explanation? Any solution?

2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Could you specify exactly which version of 3CX Phone for iOS you are using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HugovanRhijn

Hi Kevin
    I am using 1.1.5

4. kevin

kevin Member

Hi

There are several variants of 3CX iOS software.

Which one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HugovanRhijn

Hi Kevin

It is the first one - the VOIP/SIP Softphone app
    And fyi it's an iPhone5, running 6.1.4 (10B350)

6. sbianco

Hi there,

We have attempted to replicate this and have not been successful.

We have:

1. Set up 2 numbers under one contact : Result- Shows the contact name

2. Set up 2 names with the same number: Result- Shows the contact name of the first added contact

Please advise as to whether or not we are missing something or are replicating in a different manner so we may adjust accordingly.

7. HugovanRhijn

Hi there

Sorry for not having responded earlier.

I just noticed something.
    I think the issue I noticed indeed has noting to do with what I thought earlier.
    Among all the "Unknown"s in the history log there was only one call with a name > screenshot 1.
    And then I remembered what had happened
    Yesterday I dialed a number only to find out that it was a number that I had put in my contacts db without paying notice to the fact that you have to record them with +32 country code plus area code instead of just the area code which I had done in this case. When I dialed the number (for Hugo Maes) and got no connection, I notice that the number is unusable so I went back to the contact db, changed and corrected the number and then dialed it. You see it appearing next in the history log and now under "Unknown".

So I am now wondering whether the issue has anything to do with the integration settings > screenshot 2

8. sbianco

Hi there,

The options within screenshot 2 should NOT effect the issue.

9. HugovanRhijn

Any other thoughts about where to look for a possible solution?

10. Shoults

Hi Hugo,

I believe it would be best if you were to open a support ticket regarding this case so we can run the necessary testing and provide a clear and concise answer with our findings. Kindly also advise us of a step by step on what you are doing to replicate including the numbers you have saved and the method so our test would be as accurate as possible.

11. HugovanRhijn

Thanks for your response.
    If opening a support ticket would involve additional charges, it is currently no option for me.
    However, I can tell you that I have in the past two or three days noticed that while outgoing calls to numbers in my iPhone contacts database are registered as "Unknown", a call to my VOIP mailbox is registered under the name of my VOIP provider. And incoming calls are registered with the caller's number but not with his or her name even though that name is in the contacts db.

12. sbianco

Hi there,

The only way in which we shall be able to provide you with a definitive answer to your query would be to test the scenario in further detail ourselves. As previously mentioned by Matthew, we DO require a support ticket in order to proceed with this issue.

13. HugovanRhijn

Hi

Thank you for your response.

#1. I will continue to use the3CX iOS app. Because I like it and the quality of the communication I believe is better than other VOIP apps.
    #2. I thought I was doing you guys a favor, drawing your attention to what I thought was a bug in an excellent piece of software.
    #3 It a bug I am able to live with for the time being.
    #4. It is a free app. Therefor letting me pay for a support ticket is - in my opinion - not correct.
    #5. I continue to be willing to help you wherever I can.
    #6. I hope you'll be able to resolve the issue in the next update of the app.
    #7. Keep up the good work Guys (which underlines what I already mentioned under #1).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.