"ContactUri" usually, content of Contact field

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Andy Schmidt, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Hi,

when configuring a generic trunk, one of the "outbound parameter" options is the "Contact: Host" part.

The DEFAULT value for the pull down is:

When I place a call through that trunk, the provider receives the following contact header:

So, why is the "ContactUri" = 0.0.0.0? Where is that "Contact field" where it's taking that "0.0.0.0" from?

When I change the drop down to OutHostPort - THEN it includes the correct external IP address of my 3CX server.

(PS: The VOIP provider said it should NOT be 0.0.0.0: "This means that your system will never receive non-reply messages back from our proxy (such as BYE, or additional progress indication). This should be a valid IP address coming from your system.")

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Hi,

when configuring a generic trunk, one of the "outbound parameter" options is the "Contact: Host" part.

The DEFAULT value for the pull down is:

When I place a call through that trunk, the provider receives the following contact header:

So, why is the "ContactUri" = 0.0.0.0? Where is that "Contact field" where it's taking that "0.0.0.0" from?

When I change the drop down to OutHostPort - THEN it includes the correct external IP address of my 3CX server.

(PS: The VOIP provider said it should NOT be 0.0.0.0: "This means that your system will never receive non-reply messages back from our proxy (such as BYE, or additional progress indication). This should be a valid IP address coming from your system.")

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.