Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

controling who connects

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bulldozzer, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldozzer

I am wondering is there a way to control who connects via mac address. I am in the Army and seting up a server for people to call home cheaper beings we are over in Korea. I think i have some one seting up on some one elses computer and leting him use it as well. I would like to make it so only the once compter can connect per ext .

2. Discovery Technology

Auto provisioning from the Server and locking the handsets and/or ATAs may be a step in the right direction.

You could also try a firewall that is capable of scanning by MAC address and control access that way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bulldozzer

That sounds good but how can I do it when we are using soft phones. with out firewall

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

i agree whit this - for more intel about use or abuse

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.