• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Controlling Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcero

Reaction score
With my Vonage softphone programmed into my Grandstream 2000 phone I can manually modify the caller ID to say "Elvis Presley" or whatever I want up to 15 characters and it shows up on the receiving PSTN phone which is groovy baby and I'm takin' care of business. But now with the 3CX server in the picture with my Vonage Softphone account programmed into the 3CX server and the IP phone (withOUT the softphone account now) registering through the 3CX server as an extension, I can't figure out how to send a custom caller ID with the number. Any ideas? I tried putting myself, excuse me, "Elvis" in "outbound caller ID" field somewhere but I got no joy in Memphis if you know what I mean man,,,HUH!,,,TCB Man,,,TCB. Thank you,,,,thank ya very much.

mattcero said:
With my Vonage softphone programmed into my Grandstream 2000 phone I can manually modify the caller ID to say "Elvis Presley" or whatever I want up to 15 characters and it shows up on the receiving PSTN phone ...

Hi,

Can you determine at which field of outgoing INVITE to the provider there's yours Caller-ID?
Also, you may try to set specific Outbound Caller-ID for your extension. It may do the trick. I mean, this OutCID may be passed outside when you're calling from that extension to outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.