Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Controlling IVR messages

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dave.clements, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave.clements

We are a Health Care organization, and, as some members have various disabilities, the sop is to call in during inclement weather to ensure we are open. Normally if we are open and they call, someone answers or they receive the standard daytime message. My question is, is it possible for a staff member to call a predefined extension, after the decision to remain close, and change the IVR message to say we will remain closed. If it is possible what steps do I need to perform this function. I have read every doc, howto, etc. I can find, looked at the videos and so on, with little success.

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Dave Clements

2. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi Dave,

There are several ways that you could achieve that. For example you can select the inbound and uncheck the option "Apply the same routing logic Outside of office hours and then select the route accordingly. Now the users can use the Emergency Dial code in order to force the PBX to the in or out of office hours. Thus if the users want to stay longer in office they dial on their phones the dial code (which can be specified under Settings >> Advanced >> Dial codes ), alternatively if they are leaving the office then they dial the corresponding dial code.

Note: You will have to ensure that the users will use the dial code to use the default hours, other way you might think that the routing of the call is incorrect due to the fact that the dial code was enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.