Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

convert to IIS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mylove4life, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Hi all, is thier an easy way to convert the webserver to IIS?

2. tom_ch

I don't know if this works, but I'd try as following:

- take a full 3CX Backup
    - Uninstall 3CX
    - Run Installer
    - Choose IIS
    - Restore 3CX Backup.

3. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I'm not going to try someting if you have no idea if it works... why would you even post if you are sure if it will work.

4. tom_ch

Hey, calm down man!

It just seemed logical to me, because the selection (in the installer) of the Webserver comes before the selection of "New installation vs. Restore Backup".

I just wanted to bring in this idea.
    It would have been much worse, if I haven't written that I don't have tried it yet!!

5. smokeman

this did work for me. we had installed abyss thinking it would be lightweight, and work better. We were wrong, IIS handles the web traffic much better. We backed up, uninstalled, installed IIS, re-installed, and used the backup file.
    just had to re-install all the service packs...but it worked out well. IIS is much faster than abyss. We were up to restarting abyss 4 times a day, or more.

the biggest problems came from redirecting the web directories for our environment. we redirected the default path to /myphone, and redirected the port 5000 to 80. Just a tip, leave 5000 on there, and also bind 80. if you don't the ivr's stop working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.